1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

pro slide

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ReckordGeneralMaintenance, Oct 1, 2004.

1. ReckordGeneralMaintenance

ReckordGeneralMaintenance LawnSite Member

never used a pro slide tell me about um
  2. MowforMoney

MowforMoney LawnSite Member

Yeah me either, I was trying to find a website on them but couldn't. So any help their to would be much apprieciated.
  3. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

if you do a serch on them you can find all sorts of info. I've been looking into one latley too but can't find a dealer in my area that carries one :cry: . Everything that I've read seems to be good except for a couple of stories. as far as a web set check out
  4. MowforMoney

MowforMoney LawnSite Member

Got another question here does that mash down the grass or is it in line with the mower so baisicly a stripping kit and how is it really on turns
  5. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

not that I've used one, but from what I've read...
    The slide acts like a striping kit. Everybody says that it leaves great stripes. As far as turns, it sounds like for the most part it works ok. I think some of it has do with what kind of mower you have and how heavy the operator is. I've got a 36" belt drive which seems to be a little light for the proslide, but I've also read useres that said it worked fine on that kind of a mower. Like I said try a search though and you can come up with lots of info.
  6. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

I should have one on a 48" hustler SWB here before long. If I get really bored I might put a big league lawns striping roller on the machine too. One way or another I should be able to leave some wicked stripes on my zoysia properties next season....not to mention the fescue ones. :cool:
  7. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

The Proslide is a great little device. You mount it to the rear of your walk-behind, and you stand on it while mowing. Its pretty much a wheel-less sulky. Its also a blast to use. Turning is not an issue, although reversing or stopping quickly will cause it to retract, if you are not careful. Buy it on ebay its 1/2 the dealer price.
  8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

The only conflict on turning is if the turf has a dip where you turn or a sprinker head that the edge of the slide catches and can take out the head.
  9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I step off of it, then back on, on almost every turn on turf. Otherwise, the PS increases the chance of divoting.
  10. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

The guy to buy these from is Billy Hasunfus (sp?) in boston...here is his email. billyhass04@artisticproductions.com i bought mine for $135. they are like $300-400 retail. he also sells gridiron...the best rack system on the market!