1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pro Slide

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Feb 22, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Debating to buy a Pro Slide for my new 52"Exmark Truf Tracer. I have Vekies on my 48" but in wet grass it leaves ruts. Anyone have a Pro Slide and how does it work for you?
  2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been having the same problem with my TTHP and Velke. With my Ferris I could cut in the pouring rain and it wouldn't rut. I would thing the proslide would add more weight and possibly increase the rutting. I notice my TTHP doesn't rut as bad with me off the Velke. I didn't have much time on it last year but the hydro sensitivity is different between my two mowers so i need to get a better feel on the Exmark.
  3. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

The proslide will not leave ruts like the whels on a velke will... It spreads your weight evenly over the plastic slide vs the 2 skinny wheels on a velke....

the also stripe well since you are adding your complete weight to push the grass down....

a nice feature is when you step off them the proslide folds up to an out of the way position...

The only problem I noticed is that it creates more drag on your mower than a two wheel sulky.......
  4. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

we bought a proslide to try out last year, the guys were too used to the two wheel velkes, no crew used it for more than 2 days, will sell it at a big discount, pm me if interested
  5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I love mine. Couldn't use a wheeled sulky after a proslide!
  6. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I love mine also but I had to add some weight to the front of my Metro HP 36"
  7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I love mine, I couldn't stop using it all year. I can't imagine using a sulky after.

8. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Just got to thinking about the proslide; I bet it makes a mess in yards with dogs. You find every mine.
  9. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

ya...that's the fun part! teaches them to pick up their $hit. just run up on concrete right after and leave a nice skid mark on their drive...they'll get the hint!
  10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I love the Proslide and so does my wife, she is on the thing now. The pads last a long time and they lay down a nice stripe also. The concrete is unforgiving on them but they still are not very expensive to change and maintenance on them is minimal with changing springs out a couple of times a season.