Pro Slider????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by afurg, Jul 12, 2008.

1. afurg

afurg LawnSite Member

looking at diffrent sulkies....what are the thoughts on the pro sliders??

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i'm on my 2nd now, i would still be using my first but sold it w/ a mower. i bought a tthp and the first thing i did was get a proslide. the proslide puts the operator in a better position to operate the mower. it also doesnt leave an ugly wheel line in the middle of a freshlu gut lawn. proslides are better for striping as well, i dont have a stripe kit but my proslide leaves an excellent stripe. i do not run a w/b mower w/o a proslide.

3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

as far as the position of the operator, it puts the operator lower on the controls puting less strain on the back of the operator. it maintains a constant position directly behind the mower for easier operation. and to me has a smoother ride than a wheeled sulky.

4. afurg

afurg LawnSite Member

enough said i guess. anyone have any photos of the stripes left behind by one?

5. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess you either love them or hate them. Have to get off them to reverse. Spings would break at the most inoportune times. Wear plates wore out at an alarming rate even though I did not ride them on hard surfaces. Gave mine away after two seasons 150 bucks in plates and parts to some young man on LS. Have a one wheel sulky and a couple of two wheel sulkies now and am much happier. Did stripe even southern grass though