Pro-Turn 200 vs Pro Turn 100

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gabe96, Feb 17, 2013.

1. gabe96

gabe96 LawnSite Member

New to the gravelys. Bottom line whats the difference between the two? Money wise is 3 grand. I have around 6-8 acres I cut weekly.

2. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Pro turn 152 with a 23HP Kohler EFI and I saw the Pro turn 252 with a Kawasaki and honestly from just looking at both and demoing both really the 252 seems to be a bigger unit. The front wheels actually stick out more on the 252 they have the ZT5400 and the 152 has the ZT3400 transaxles. Also the 252 series is more HP than the 152. Them are the only differences I personally know of.

3. gabe96

gabe96 LawnSite Member

Thanks, I assumed HP difference. Just wonder it any structural differences.

4. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Pumps are the biggest difference... I run 252s and I could.never downsize to the smaller 100 series.... my dealer will tell.u as well.if u do lots of commercial.mowing go with the 200s. Not that the 100s r bad the 200s are just a lot beefier. Bigger tires to
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

Like woodlawnservice said it depends on how much you use it. I'm using mine 50% of the time and my walk behind the other 50% and all I do is residential lawns so I'm not using it a ton at a time so the ZT3400 is fine and the smaller frame size is easier to maneuver on smaller lawns.

6. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Go to the Gravely website. A link is provided at the top of the page. For me, it is a bit hard to navigate, but after selecting a mower, you can click on, I believe, specifications, and a PDF file giving the specs on their full line of mowers will come up so you can compare the two units.

7. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

The 200 series has a bigger frame, bigger tires and a bigger trans. The 100 series is considered a small frame mower with a lot of deck over hang, great for tight areas. Also its lighter. The compact pro is even smaller than the 100 to fit through gates.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. gabe96

gabe96 LawnSite Member

Got a good price on a Deere today 12, Z920 54" for 8 grand. Don't know what to do.

9. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Is the money burning a hole in your pocket?

10. gabe96

gabe96 LawnSite Member

I can wait. Hoping a good deal will come my way.