Pro V and sulky. What works best????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dapozer, Sep 12, 2011.

1. dapozer

dapozer LawnSite Member

I am testing a Pro v 48 and wondering what sulky people are using? I am unable to demo/test a rs-s single wheel and have tried a bullrider (I am not a fan) and Velke x2. The x2 is my favorite but i feel like I am way to far back and lean over way to much. What is everyone else using?

2. jfoxtrot9

jfoxtrot9 LawnSite Senior Member

Jungle wheels is similar to the velke but you can adjust how far the platform is from the mower to best fit you.

3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I dont have a pro-v but proslide is the best sulky in my opinion. I have used the velke x1 and x2, exmark standon, toro tru track, and jungle wheels. I find proslide to be the most comfortable, efficient, and it leaves some sweet stripes.

4. Bates Lawn Care

Bates Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Im with Metro36 proslide is the best

5. dutchacres

dutchacres LawnSite Senior Member

I have the rss scag sulky for my pro v and don't waste your money on it. This is the first single wheel sulky I have ever owned and will be my last. It isn't bad and is built great but I think it is to far off the ground and the caster wheel doesn't spin so it makes it a challenge to back up. I am actually looking to replace mine with another brand but would like to stick with the fixed sulky w/ caster wheels. I do know that velke offers two different lengths of the arm coming back from the mower. When I purchased my Deere 7H17 they put the longer one on it and I felt like I was leaning over all the time so they switched it to the shorter one and made so much difference.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. dapozer

dapozer LawnSite Member

Sent you a pm.
    Shawn