Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Complete Ground Pros, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Complete Ground Pros

Complete Ground Pros LawnSite Member

Went to look at mowers today. I am very familiar with Scag traditional Hydro walk behinds. The sales man showed me the Pro-V today. There is a huge price difference. He was very honest with me and said people either love them or hate them. I'm here to ask, what are your opinions on the Scag Pro-V?
  2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Its trash. Thats why it is no longer being made, hes trying to dump what he has left on you.

BJWLAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Trash? I have one with 600 hours and a sulky on it and have been happy so far. I have another one with 200 hours. The only problem I had on both were the grips needed adjustments after about 100-150 hrs and a few nuts and bolts came right off the deck. 2 ez fixes. I don't think they make new ones but its a scag so parts will be easily accessible in the future. I prefer pistol grips but this works fine but I wonder how it will be at say 1,200 hours. Anyone have a pro-v with over 1,000 hours?
  4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

The mower is built very well. I don't like the controls. I demoed one for a week and it felt awkward to me. We use our walk behind mainly for hills. I have heard the new walk behinds will have the v ride controls. I will probably get one if they make these changes.

bump.... anyone have a pro v with over 1,000 hours? How does it hold up?
  6. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I demoed one and loved it. It is by far the easiest WB to operate. Feels like power steering and can even be run with one hand! Scag came up with a very good idea that never caught on.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Complete Ground Pros

Complete Ground Pros LawnSite Member

I think I am going to go with the traditional Hydro. It is a nice difference in price but, I'd rather go with what I'm comfortable and like then try to save a couple bucks and have something I hate.
  8. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

You must have went to North Royalton PE. I like scag mowers, i thought scag was coming out with a new pro-v.
  9. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

P services knows what's up listen to him

Do you and p man even have pro-v's?