1. finnegan

finnegan LawnSite Member

Hey guys, has anyone tried pro-wings? do they really make a difference? I am considering buying a set for one of my trucks and trying them out before I outfit all the rigs.let me know likes-dislikes .......

thanks in advance..

2. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Your guys have to be careful of curbs and learn where the snow-wing ends (just like they did with the plows, even though they have markers).

They will increase productivity by 35% in accumulations up to 6". And cleanup work productivity is increased more than that. If you're charging by the push or by the season, you increase your margins significantly. If by the hour, you gotta raise your rates significantly to cover the increased productivity (a strong arguement for per push pricing).

Nice to see you trying to "figure out" how to increase margins and still provide good service. That's good business.

3. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i use them on all my trucks, help tremendously like john said
    they are not as heavy duty as the moldboard on the plow so they tend to get bent up a bit
    i leave mine on all the time but they are removable if you get into a tight spot

3 lynch pins and they are off
    also make sure they get on the maintenance list sometimes the brackets will loosen up

4. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto!!

5. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

We tried them last year, and we were not impressed. IMO only good for cleanup, cannot windrow with them. I have a v plow, so it doesnt matter to me, but my drivers tried them one storm, and they sat in the bed the rest of the season.
    Dino

6. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

I guess they would only come in handy when pushing back or "bucking" windrows in a BIG lot. They'd make the blade a little wider, and the angle of them would help stop trail off. Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on them.

~Chuck

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I put a set on one of the fishers last spring-cant wait to try them out this season.I'm hoping to save some time with them.

8. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

they add 16 inches to the width, the type of snow i get(1-6 inches) they are ideal, and the edges are replaceable rubber