Proactive selling approach

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by spitfire3416, Feb 17, 2013.

1. spitfire3416

spitfire3416 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking about taking a more proactive approach to selling my services this year. Rather than waiting for customers to inquire about them, I thought something like this could help me sell more services at the time of signing up for lawn care. I would take a quick walk through of the property and just give them a complete estimate on all my main property maintenance services. My hope is that they will be more likely to sign on for any additional services if they see a price right there from the start. It could also give me the opportunity to sell them on each service by describing the benefits of things like overseeding and aerating. If they decide they want something at a future time, they could always just check off each service they would like and send it in. What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

I did that last year and good a new job at every place I think. Even calls a month later looking for something on the list

3. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife thought it might be a bit too much. Or people might take it the wrong way. Like their yard isn't good or something. It worked though

4. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

My estimate/service quote lists all the services we offer for property maintenance with a price and I tell them select all the services you would like performed. A lot of times if people do not see something listed then they assume you do not offer it and will not call you. Even if they do not select a specific service they might call you in the future to perform that service because they now realize they are not going to complete it.

5. spitfire3416

spitfire3416 LawnSite Senior Member

So would you say it's helped you sell more services?

6. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

It has helped me, but to what extent I do not know because when I meet with potential clients I go over all my services anyway. It is good for existing clients to reference especially if they decide they are interested in a service they did not sign up for especialy since this is price there already.

7. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I like this idea. I have the Invoice2go app on my tablet and it will do quotes, but I'd have to get a portable printer for the truck. Otherwise, I can email quotes to customers on the spot. Hmmm........