Probably not the best website but i did it myself and got a .com

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Dec 16, 2007.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Try not to bust my stones too much it's the first time i ever built a website and in fact this is all new to me but im trying :usflag:http://www.vintagelawncare.com/

2. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

good start hopefully it all goes well. goodluck.

3. the.hines

the.hines LawnSite Member

Hey that looks good for your first... Hell my first is for my other business. I opened it about a month ago and I think I may sell out of the lawn business.

So what branch? Got to be Marine or Navy with those Tattoos???

Good Luck
    Shawn Hines

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Lokks good, man. On your home page in the top picture there is some text in there. Just wanted to let you know.

5. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Looks fine to me - good job.
    Where did you get the info on how to do something like this?

6. bigw

wow good eye didnt even see that...think i got it out thanks :weightlifter:

7. bigw

Their is a program that you download that you can build your website on and get your domain name if its still available and then you pay like 5$ a month for them to host it,you design your own site using thousands of their samples and you can mix and match and basically do anything you want,now to get it to go to place's like google you would have to pay like 80$ a month.I didnt do that yet but i will once im up and running...got to watch the budget.The important thing for me was to get my .com name and atleast get on the web for now,if someone sees your website on a card or your trailer its an easy way to see what you do.besides i think more people will use your .com from seeing it somewhere alot more then they will just doing a search for lawn care on their computer...besides more important to me right now is the walk behind mower that i need to get because my new lazer z 60" aint getting through no little fences :laugh:

8. MV Property Care

MV Property Care LawnSite Member

Dave, Looks like a good web site to me. Can you post the web address where you got your information. Also, do you rent your domain name from the hosting company or do you own it. I was thinking if you rented your domain name they could always raise the fee and after you get really established maybe in a few years they might want you to pay $100.00 a month and what could you do, because everybody now knows your web address. Just my thoughts,

Thanks
    Matt.

9. Gilligan

Gilligan LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I havent had a chance to look into this, but it appears to be totally free from windows...

If someone has a second...maybe they can check it out and fill the rest of us in....

I took a few minutes and grabbed a domain name, but thats as far as I got...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officelive/default.aspx

10. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

On your contact page.. if you will add mailto: infront of your email address it will make it a link for email instead of having to copy and past. no spaces