Probably shouldn't tell this... but..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BINKY1902, Jun 3, 2010.

1. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

I have debated the last couple of weeks whether or not to pop the guard off of my stihl trimmer. I have some places that are a pain to get a push mow into so I decided this morning to take the guard off and cut down on some time. I get to my third property this morning and mow, get out my no-guard trimmer and go at it. This prop has a fenced in back yard with some dogs. I go to trim in the corner of where the picket fences meet, and there was a hidden, moist pile of dog doo there. I had the stihl pegged out when I hit it, and dog crap went all over me. Even on my face! I went to the hydrant and hosed off but it didn't do much good. I had to come home and shower, then go to my next property. I think I tasted some of it.

2. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

hahaha nice. I always go guardless.

3. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

Same here. Just make sure, if you ever take it in to get worked on to put it back on.

4. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I hate to admit this, but I took some DS in the eye last year. My helper got it in the mouth the following week.

5. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

lol gross:):):):):)

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

DS :laughing:

That was good.

So, could you tell what the dog ate by taste or smell and could you tell what kind of dog it was,
    you see there exists a proper difference between the types of dog crap, not that you'd care but I
    thought I'd mention that smell and taste definitely varies from one pooch to the next which, should
    you ever decide to develop your senses so as to better appreciate the gourmet, but I guess not.

Uh oh, I feel karma headed my way.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  7. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

Guardless and always looking for poo!

8. JDExmark

JDExmark LawnSite Member

gotten it in the face/mouth before....wonderful experience.

9. StoneFaced

StoneFaced LawnSite Member

So, which one was your favorite?

10. rjh4758

rjh4758 LawnSite Member

Always trim with your mouth shut.