1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Probably worst low-baller i've ever seen

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jbannick18, May 2, 2008.

1. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

I thought 55 a month was bad last summer but I saw a sign today that said $35.00/month, any size yard. I'm going to take the sign down tomorrow, screw that guy. This is in orlando.
  2. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

He cuts the lawns only once a month... :laugh:
  3. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

Oldest marketing ploy in the book, say anything you can to get a phone call that you can twist to be a legitimate advertisement to get the phone calls, then sell the service once you've got them on the hook.

Don't take his sign down, its not your place.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Believe it or not, I have no doubt that that guy would cut any lawn weekly for $35 a month. But... That's all you get for $35. Edgeing, trimming and blowing are extra. He is probably also very careful about which neighborhoods he puts his advertising out in. I've seen it before.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Not the type of advertising I would use, but to each their own.
  6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Would you take down a sign at Walmart? You have no right to remove someones sign just because you can't meet what their doing. I'd go OFF on you if it was my advertising sign and I saw you happen to yank it out.
  7. daysel

daysel LawnSite Member
    from TEXAS

Who cares. Get a life and worry about your own business. If his signs are legit, you could get in a lot of trouble for being a dumass and removing them.
  8. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

So, you want to take down his sign because you are worried about him taking your customers or....? Why are you so concerned about this guy?
  9. JohnnyCuts

JohnnyCuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

That's what I was thinking also Richard, bi-weekly mowing only, charge more for trimming, blowing, edging. Only market postage stamp lawns, if others call "We don't service that area"
  10. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds right on to me.

He is to worried that he himself will be out of business.

What these guys dont understand is there will always be companies like this and stealing their signs wont help.