Problem Area

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Premo Services, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an area where soil was added in the fall of last year. I aerated and slit seeded, and applied starter fert. It don't have any weeds there, but the grass is not growing like it should be. I put starter fertilizer on it in the beginning of April. I am going to core aerate this again. my question is,
    What could I use to get some good root growth and get the lawn thicker in this spot?

Thanks

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What have the soil temps been like there, lately? Here, they are JUST reaching temps, but we've had alot of up and down fluxuation. Right now, here, when people ask, I am just telling them to be patient, we haven't had those conSISTent temps, yet.;)

3. Irrigation?

The temps have been priime growing weather, but it has been dry here.

Water might be the factor.

You can also hit it with a good starter again to get good root growth going.

12-24-18, or 12-24-24

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Runner and Mike. The temps have been good here, and I was thinking about applying more starter fertilizer, but wanted to see for sure. It was dry for a little while but now we are getting a lot of rain.