Problem customer- she got the nasty letter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Sep 17, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I had a post last week about a psycho lady she has called me 7 times in 3 days I gave her a refund on her deposit. She called the next day asking if we had her check I said no not until I due my normal banking paperwork. She called back AGAIN today (Sat.) asking "where is my check? Ya know you never signed anything" (I had her sign an estimate sheet because I forgot extra contracts. I was to bring a actuall contract Sat before we started working) any way she went on and on so I said I will mail your damn check and a copy of the estimate sheet next week. She says you better give me the original or else, I said or else what! I said I never give an original to anyone period. She went on and on so I said I'll mail it next week and if ya call me again I'll be filing charges with the P.D. she hasn't called in a few hours maybe she got the hint! :realmad: :realmad: ;)

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

oh gawd man, I'm sorry you got yourself in with a psycho like that, I've had a few over the years and ppls like that really push me ...
    Best thing to do if you can is ignore her calls, don't answer the phone by screening the Caller ID but then she might be such a fun one she'll start using another line (yes they've done this to me before) so it gets sometimes where I don't answer my phone for 2-4 weeks, heh.
    The storm will be over, soon.

3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

whats the deal did you do any work for her or what. why does she want her deposit back. id really like to know thanks

4. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

You don't need to send her the estimate sheet, all that was was an estimate and until the check is cashed to consumate the estimate making it a contract you both have nothing. Send the check back and forget about her. And get some contracts drawn up by an attorney that specializes in business. The money you pay him will come back 10 times over in 1 season

6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Dang that is one first class pita, it is good she showed her ugly head before you did any work for her. Just mail the check back and I don't think you owe her the est. sheet. Also charge her for the dang .37cent stamp and envelope :D Man I hate these kind of psychos.

7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Talkin bout a power hungry demanding b!tch...good thing you cut off the proposed work before you got caught up with that lady.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

hes right youre lucky she showed this before yo did work or she could be wanting more than just a deposit back