1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

problem...left wheel hydro

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by fazzy815-66, May 3, 2007.

1. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been having problems with my 2005 super Z....the left wheel keeps losing power. It started happening last year so I took it to my dealer ...each time I brought it they couldnt figure it out (brought it in twice).... It was bleeding off some hydro fluid as well.... finaly it died (the hydro pump went) so last year(at the very end of the year) they replaced it.( just made the warranty) I haven't used it till this year.... Guess what?...... its doing the same dang thing:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: .....arrrrrggggggg!!!!!!!! I'm so pissed!! Now the friggen thing isn't under warranty and that pump is over $500.00 dollars to replace! can anyone help:confused: ? P. J. are you out there.....Help!!!
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me your model and serial # and your details, along with your dealer information.
    I will see what can be done about this.

3. All Seasons... LLC

All Seasons... LLC LawnSite Member

I had the same problem one of my pumps went out. i have had two hustler mowers and both of them have a pinched hydraulic hose that ends up starving the pump and burning it up. i had a real time trying to get it fixed. the first one they replaced the pumps and then it started blowing o rings . i went through about ten Ring's and told my dealer something had to be done i could not make any money having to have it worked on every time i used it. i told him i think i had a lemon and boy did that not go over well. he did not want to do anything about it so i called the area distributer he told me that they did not make lemons and that i was not using it right i told him that i was not doing anything that a grasshopper could not and has not done with no problems. so i ended up calling the manufacturer and the guy i talked to there said that the machines were not meant to go on hills like we have in Georgia i told him that that is not what the brochure said any way to make a long story short i ended up swapping the mower for another one and having to pay $1500.00 difference after much negotiating. and guess what the same hose was kinked on this one. i complained about what a safety hazard this was but no one seemed to care. i was one a steep hill over a retaining wall when mine went out and could have injured my self badly. i had the hose replaced before i left the dealer one the new one. i am still very upset about the hassle i was given. i will never buy another hustler product.
  4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Please e-mail me your information along with the dealer you worked with on this and the names of the people you have talked to.