problem starting case skid steer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by alex_kuttner, Apr 24, 2005.

1. alex_kuttner

alex_kuttner LawnSite Member

Hey im having trouble with starting a Case 1840, when I go to start it all I get is this clicking sound, im guessing its got something to do with the starter motor, the thing is I had just arc welded the muffler tip back on, I disconnected the battery so I figured it wasnt a problem its not like I connected the clamp to one side of the bobcat and welded on the other any way maybe I did something any ideas?

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Sounds like your battery is almost dead. Put a charger on it and see if will start.

3. greywynd

greywynd LawnSite Member

Like already said, the battery may be low. The other thing that I would suspect is a poor connection somewhere, since you disconnected the battery to do your welding, I would suggest taking a look at the battery terminals and the other ends of the battery cables. Maybe one of these connections are loose, and by moving things around, you disturbed something. On an antique tractor forum I visit, the favourite saying for electrical problems, is "clean, bright, and tight."

Mark

4. alex_kuttner

alex_kuttner LawnSite Member

Hey thanks, yeah its was the battery I almost jump started it with another battery so yeah glad thats all it was thanks for your help!