Problem w/ Redmax BCZ2600s

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cut 2 Please, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

At the end of last summer I bought a Redmax trimmer and an edger. Both units are great and the power is awesome. My problem is with my trimmer. After trimming at half trottle for a few minutes when I stab the trottle for more power it bogs and shuts off. Sometimes if I feather the trottle it may not cut off but usually I find myself restarting the unit. My edger has never given this problem. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what does it take to fix the problem? My local dealer has messed with it some but he can not seem to fix it. Also it does not seem to act up until it gets good and warmed up. When it is cold it does not seem to act up as bad. Maybe my dealer is not letting it warm up good when he looks at it.

2. I had the same problem with mine, I took out the air cleaner "foam filter".. I washhed it out gas "Using the bottom of coke bottle" then I let it dry out and put it back in... It worked great for me... not sure if it would help or if you should do it, but just thought I throw it in here

3. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

clean the spark arestor

4. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

My dealer has taken the spark arrester out. He has cleaned carbon from the exhaust port. The foam part of the air filter is not dirty but I plan to clean it in gas as suggested tomorrow to see if that will help. I am willing to try about anything. This is very aggrevating. It has done this since new. Does everyone elses run fine or is this a common problem. I am about to purchase another trimmer and want to buy another 2600 or maybe even a 3000 but if I can not get this problem fixed I might try another brand.