1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

problem with deodoras

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by evergreenedmond, Apr 29, 2006.

1. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

I have been doing design/build for 5 years in central OK (a lot of clay). Just recently I've been having a real problem lately with deodora cedar's, lebanon cedar's & miles high. We have been going through a serious drought here, but all my accounts have irrigation. I've been using these trees for a long time & I've never had a problem before last december. I really don't want to stop using them in my landscapes any advice would be appreciated. When we plant I make sure to ammend the soil with Nature life & apply super thrive.

2. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

Is the drought getting them? Or something else. I have had more probs w/ deodors staying too wet, especially in clay soil with amendments. Seems to hold water like a bowl around the roots.:cry: They don't like that at all. I plant them high. Btw, the symptoms of too wet and dry look the same.

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

agreed they could be drounding.