Problem with Dixie Chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leadarrows, Sep 6, 2002.

1. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Hi I’m a first time forum user long time tractor user. I decided to desert my GREEN machines of the past and bought a Dixie Chopper this time. Model # XWK2501-60, Kawasaki FH721V engine. I’ve had her two weeks, mowed about 20 acres and the throttle cable has broken twice already. Is this a common problem with this machine or what? Can anybody fill me in? Thanks!:confused:

2. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in the same boat, parked my tried and true 420 and hopped on this one I will admit that it is fast, but the down time is killing me it's real hard to get back on the old horse after zipping around obstacles on the Z. I have a xwk-2503 I believe I'm on my 4th cable:angry: My dealer has been pretty descent, go to **********.com and under the dixie forums there is a link seems that the throttle slot has more throw than what is needed so a bolt is placed in the slot to shorten it up and keep the cable from binding. I would take 2 min.s and put the bolt in but I'm out of patience so I will haul it to my dealer and he can fix it. Too bad as I believe he's as fed-up as I am because every time he hears from me I'm:angry: :angry:

3. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

e-mail and I'll get u the link,once the Capt. sees this he may chime in........;)