1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with echo blower

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Dwittbecker, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Dwittbecker

Dwittbecker LawnSite Member

Echo blower will not stay running. Will run on choke. When i turn off choke looses power then quits. I have rebuilt the carb and no change. Anyone have a clue what it chould be? Back pack blower is only 2 years old had carb replaced last year. I have used echo's for about ten years have never had this much trouble with them before.

2. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

post this under commercial/residential mowing

3. BTM Lawn Maintenance L.L.C

BTM Lawn Maintenance L.L.C LawnSite Senior Member

Try the mechanic and repair section.

4. TopNotchLawnCare

TopNotchLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from IL

The carb might need adjusted.

5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah it sounds like a simple carb adjustment is needed. You may be able to do it with a very tiny screw driver but some models require special adjustment tools depending on the model. What model is it?

6. havenlax18

havenlax18 LawnSite Member

Had this problem before its eaither a carb or idle adjustment mine was idle?

7. WPS85

WPS85 LawnSite Member

I too think the carb needs adjusted.

8. ghunter502

ghunter502 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

You need to remove the screen in the muffler exhaust port it is plugged. We do this on all of our echos. It carbons up and will not let any exhaust out which will not let the machine run properly at all. Try that and see if it fixes it.