Problem with J Thomas...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tazman7, Jul 1, 2007.

1. tazman7

tazman7 LawnSite Member

So the hydro pump on my only exmark lazer went out and I have been back and forth on the phone with people trying to find the right pump, I ordered one from my local exmark dealer and put the pump on and it wasnt the right one, so I took it back and ordered one from J thomas. I was told when I ordered it that it would be on my doorstep the next day and in two days at the very latest. Well three days later I called them and asked if it had been shipped out yet and he informed me that it was on a two week backorder...I about blew a cork on him...I did say a few choice words, but thats besides the point.
    Has anybody else had a problem ordering from this company?
  2. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

No I have not. Later, Tony
  3. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I have only had one problem with them when they sent me a wrong spindle. They corrected the problem right away. I have always had good experences with them.
  4. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

No problems with J thomas.
  5. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

No problem here. I order two sets of blades and only got one the other was on back order, I thought that they might try to charge me for shipping the second time but they did not. Fast shipping
  6. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

No problems ever. Good folks.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

No problems to date and i've ordered quite a bit from them. I ordered a motor for my salt spreader once and they had it to me the next day. Why not just reorder through exmark or maybe another dealer would have one in stock? Don't they offer next day on parts?
  8. tazman7

tazman7 LawnSite Member

They are $200 cheaper on the pump than exmark
  9. tazman7

tazman7 LawnSite Member

it just makes me mad that when I ordered it they told me it would be here tomorrow and they never called me to inform me that they messed up and it is on backorder. When you run a business and thats your main mower, it makes a big deal.
  10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't know but $200 cheaper would make me wonder what is different about the two pumps. I think i would buy from Exmark, especially since that is your main mower. J-Thomas should have told you that it was back ordered when you placed the order. I agree its a big deal thats the reason I started buying back up units. Down time can be a killer, even if the problem isn't a major one.