problem with lift on 3000 ford tractor

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by webdrifter, Sep 2, 2002.

1. webdrifter

webdrifter LawnSite Member

Today when I got through mowing with the finishing mower I pulled the lift lever just a little and the lift went all the way to the top, and now it's stuck there ,and won't come back down.The finish mower runs real close to my rear tires so I thought at first that I might have caught it with the tires and took it to the top, but after prying on it for a couple of hours I now believe the lift itself went to the top.. Has anyone ever heard of one doing this ? Anyone have any idea how i can fix this problem ?

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not completely sure on your unit, but do you have a lever that adjusts the 3 pt load from light to heavy? Maybe that's in the light position? I believe your hydro cylinder in under the seat inside the rear diff housing? I have had a popet valve in the control unit on a combine keep the head in the up position, maybe that could be it? Maybe air is in the spool or popet valve? Is the fluid level OK? I'm not sure where it would be but there should be a test plug on the hydro to test for working pressure. If you find it then remove your impliment, remove the plug, get back because oil will fly. This should lower your arms. If it does then install the plug and see if it works now. If it doesn't then call Ford and ask for the service manager and tell him your findings. He can then tell you what's wrong. Or skip the above and just call Ford.