Problem with marketplace

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by nobagger, Mar 6, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

anyone know why I might not be able to post a reply on the marketplace?

2. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

Because you can't. It isn't set up that way.

I have no idea as to why and honestly I feel alot of sales are missed because of it.

ANYONE LISTENING?!?!?! :blob3:

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

The Dude no kidding I want to buy this pro slide this guy has on here but can't get in touch with him unless he reads my "new thread" that I had to post in the marketplace.

4. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

nobagger,

Why don't you send him a Private Message? Just click on his name at the top of the post and you cand send him a message that way.

Hope this helps.

5. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

But don't you think if he could ask his question out in public it might answer other people's questions as well? Hopefully by getting all of the info out, it would help facilitate the sale of said item quicker and easier.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What is marketplace? Part of lawnsite?

7. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

8. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I'm guessing that there is a desire to keep transactions a private matter between the two parties. Sometimes too much information in a public forum might mess up a perfectly good transaction.

The question I answered was how to get in contact with someone without starting a new thread, not about whether it was a good idea to allow replies in the Marketplace forum. That's a perfectly debatable matter.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I wish there were replies available there. To ask more questions about the product