Problem with my 36" turf tracer

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Primecut, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Primecut

Primecut LawnSite Member

I've had my turf tracer for about two years and haven't had any problems. However, I have encountered one. The left side reverses perfectly, while the right side hardly reverses at all. I've tried all kinds of adjustments with the adjustable rods and the tracking bar, but still no luck. I did toally unscrew the rod on the right side and pulled it manually, and it reversed fine. I just can't figure it out. Any help would be great. Thanks.

-Adam

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Adam:

Do you have the pistol grip handles or the new, ECS controls? Are we talking about the Turf Tracer HP or the Turf Tracer? I'm afraid that we may have things way out of wack here, but if it's out of adjustment, it can be fixed.

Before people start wrenching around with the hydro controls, I strongly recommend that they read the Hydro Drive Linkage Adjustment subsection in the ADJUSTMENTS section of their Operator's Manual. Dig through that stack of papers filed behind the seat of your pickup (that's where I usually keep mine), blow the dust off that manual, and work through that adjustment section step-by-step. I would also have your Parts Manual handy. A lot of times people are confused by some of the terminology we use when describing a simple bolt. It often helps to look at a picture.

If something doesn't make sense, you can either e-mail me or give me a call. My direct line is 402/223-6212, and my e-mail address is dustin.schwab@exmark.com.

Talk to you later,

Dustin

3. Primecut

Primecut LawnSite Member

Dustin,
    Thanks alot. I will contact you shortly- I still can't figure it out.

-Adam