Problem with new Mini-Fastrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Faded87T, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Faded87T

Faded87T LawnSite Member

The gas tank on my new Mini-Fastrak started leaked gas the very first time I filled it up. It is leaking around one of the bolt holes that holds the control panel for the key, etc. on. The night after I used it for the first time it leaked approximately 1 gallon all over the machine and my garage :angry:

Now it is sitting in a pool of gasoline with another 2 gallons in that tank before it all leaks out.

Needless to say I am not a happy camper and do not know what to do. I just moved to this state (VA), do not know where a Hustler dealer even is, and do not know how I would get the thing there anyway.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me and I will get you taken care of.

Pj

3. citysexton

citysexton LawnSite Member

HI there everyone

4. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

where at in virginia?

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I heard you were / are getting taken care of.

Pj

6. crptmnchr

crptmnchr LawnSite Member

HI I just purchased a 16/42 mini- fastrak and I'm having the same problem Faded87T is having. I contacted the dealer and he said he would order a new gas tank for me. I removed the lower bolt from the control panel and noticed the hole in the panel did not line up with the nut when the bolt was removed(hole in panel is slotted horiz. but the nut is not lined up vertically,panel moves up when bolt is removed).Faded87T do you know if the new gas tank lines up with the holes in the panel better? or did it start leaking again after the panel was installed on the tank for a while? I don't want to get a new tank and have the same gas leak problem with it.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It sounds like your dealer is taking care of this for you.
    I doubt you will see another leak, these are very uncommon.

Pj