Problem with scags also?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DixieChopper88, Aug 28, 2007.

1. DixieChopper88

DixieChopper88 LawnSite Member

Hi i had a problem with my left wheel motor on my dixie and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or even different problems with scags, cause i need to know before i buy one. So if i did get one should i get a wildcat or a turf tiger mind you that i will be doing school systems with a lot of hills and open areas. thank you

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

go with a turf tiger for sure, there is one for sale on hear for $8000 had about 168hrs with a 31hp brigs . thats about a 12-13k mower new.

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 3 Turf Tiger and they do good on hills. We had two Tiger Cub which are on the same frame as the Wildcats and they did awful on hills. One of the Turf Tigers we had to replace one of the wheel motors this year but during the winter we use the bagging system on hills and have a little wonder blower mounted on the front. It puts a lot of wear on the wheel motors with all the additional weight and using it on hills so it is going to wear out faster. We haven't had any problems with the other two but there aren't carrying the bagger and the blower. Overall they are a great mowers.