1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with Tall Fescue in the North East

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by AnthonyNY, Apr 11, 2010.

1. AnthonyNY

AnthonyNY LawnSite Member

Hello all I am a manager for a large design build, maintenance company with an in house fertilization, chemical application division. I currently have a huge problem with tall Fescue in a cool season Rye, Blue, Fescue seeded lawn of about 30,000 sf that has us stumped. We have had some problems with a few bunching clumps of Tall Fescue before that we would spot treat with glyphosate but this is throughout the entire lawn so that is not an option due to cost.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. ted stevens

ted stevens LawnSite Member

at least they used to.... i'm sure there's another product out there... as usual, do the fert. and watering/mowing correctly, you should be ok

3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld42F004.pdf

Lesco TFC was made by Nufarm, who still makes it. Corsair also kills Perennial Ryegrass so use care. Bluegrass will not be harmed.

Use a spray dye indicator to isolate the treatment area.
    Corsair is also amazingly effective on violets.

4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Certainity works well. Timing is everything. Make sure turf is 4-6 inches high when you apply. Good coverage 10-15 gal/acre using finer spray. Use flat fans, no air induction nozzles.