problem with teens mowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leonardlawncare, Jul 13, 2004.

1. leonardlawncare

leonardlawncare Banned

Why does it seem like guys that are older or have been in this business for many years have a problem with younger people starting out?

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

They probably are very insecure and are probably the same guys always starting the scrub threads.

3. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

because people like you want to steal all their accounts & lowball them.

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

correct...........

5. EastProLawn

Please explain how you steal an account. LOL, I really would like to see someone steal one of my accounts, then I could call the police and report a robbery. LOL

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

probably.

but as men (or women) with responsibilities...such as payments, house, college for kids, next equipment payment, yada-yada, they get tired of losing accts to people without the same obligations and responsibilities or compliance with all the applicable laws.

GEO

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

<b>leonardlawncare

stealing others accounts
    Just wondering whats the best way for a new mower guy to steal jobs away from these big name companys?

When you'll advertise what do you actual put on your advertisments?

Lenny, in your case it is probably because youposted the above thread earlier today asking quote, "HOW TO STEAL THEIR BUSINESS"........

8. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I could care less if a competitor is 8 or 80. There's room for all. Why do you think "older guys have beef with Teens"? Could it be arrogant teens asking questions while claiming to know it all? Act like an adult and most will treat you as one. Act like a punk, and you be treated likewise by most. I certainly hope you fall under the "adult" group. I realise it's difficult to gain respect as a youth nowadays, But buck up, work hard be respectful and you will accomplish your dreams. Good luck dude, May God bless you, and your efforts.

9. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

i have no problem with another pro getting an account from taking an account from me....but it pisses me off when someone who knows nothing about the bussines comes in and start lowballing either as a stratagy or b/c they dont know any better.

ive said it once and ill say it again....it only takes a few of these company to completely ruin any chance for an established company to make a profit in that area.

im only 22 years old but i live and breath lawn care and am going to be in it for the rest of my life.

10. EastProLawn

Leonard, I did some research on you and boy you have alot skeletons in your closet already, a little advice, change your attitude and change your screen name. By the way, I still stand by my original answers.