1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MIDSOUTH, Apr 7, 2001.

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

I had a small cleanup scheduled today ($165.00) did it this evening at the last stop. when I got in tonight there was a message on my machine from the lady canceling, she obviously called before I went over there. Legally does she have to pay. It was 10 when I got in so I will call and get this mess straighted out in the morning.
  2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

good luck with waht happens, check what time she called, she might of after you did the clean-up. also if she was home why didn't she stop you????? she might have you on this one and try to get out of paying. good luck
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I hope you get paid. Legally, I'm not sure, but I would sure be trying. I'm guessing you don't have anything signed on this one, right?

I didn't have anything signed, I guess I screwed myself. From now on, contracts only.
  5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

No she does not have to pay you for what you've done. You need to make sure that you are checking your messages evry hour or so throughout the day, or give your clients your pager number so they can contact you in these circumstances.

If you do get paid, it will be out of the goodness of her heart. If not, its just another valuable lesson you have learned.

She had my cell phone number, she was given two numbers, never tried the cell phone I guess. If I am not mistaken she drove by while we were cutting the yard and pulled into her neighbors yard.
  7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I have a "first cut" to do today. I was gonna do it yesterday after we reached an agreement Thursday but the guy wasn't home. If he's not there today I'll ride by again. I wanna see the money before I start! Mine is only $65.00 but hey----------I'm not getting stuck this time.
  8. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Good luck with this one. Did she say why she wanted to cancel???

No, she didn't say why she cancelled , I guess some scrub came by the last minute and underbid it. I'm calling her and billing her and if she don't pay I will turn it in to a collection agency. She had my cell # and if she would have called it I would have been glad not to do it because I was and am still wore out from this week, I have eight more to do today and the I am taking sunday off. I will let the
    B#$%& know I don't work for free.
  10. Jerrys Lawn Service

Jerrys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

MidSouth, We tell everyone of our clients weather they are a one timer or full time client that we need at least 24 hour notice for any cancellations, if we pull up then we're going to be paid and we make sure everyone understands that!
    Good Luck!