1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Problems, problems, problems

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by TexasFire221, Dec 24, 2009.

1. addictedtolandscaping

addictedtolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Chris I have been doing the same thing, the galvanized fence wire I use for wreaths and garland, will know more tomorrow how that has held up. Dave mentioned in another thread about staples etc. for the binder clips.

2. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

we get the binder clips from various sources. you can get them from staples, office depot, etc, any big office supply place has them in bulk. should be around 10 cents each or so. I have also bought them on ebay for cheaper when you get lucky and someone has a few thousand they are auctioning off.

I wish I could remember you, I meet 50-60 folks at convention and then my mind goes blank. I remember the ...giavanni? gianni? guys from new york, but that is about it. hope your season went great and I should be at convention this year. I may even be speaking, acording to Mike Marlow. we'll see.

3. britelights

britelights LawnSite Member

Last year we had a couple houses with high peaks where the links were lifted up off the clips onto the roof. This year we used 3 clips per light link on every peak -- regardless of how high the house. A clip at the end, one in the middle, and one on the other end. And we had some pretty good winds this season...but NO calls for links blown off or flipped on the roof.

4. TexasFire221

TexasFire221 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Something will have to be done different next season with this house. I have put up the lights twice already and they are dangling again. I have never had an issue like this before. Thank god the owners are back in Houston.

5. britelights

britelights LawnSite Member

Is it a shingled roof? Are the shingles loose? We had that problem on a gazebo for the City --- with C-9s though. Roof was very old and in bad shape...but it was a small gazebo and we were able to get them to replace the roof. David has suggested binder clips in some situations --- might work here???