Problems w/ Stihl BG 55 blower!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ccarr, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ccarr

ccarr LawnSite Member
    from Mesa,AZ

I just purchased this blower a few weeks ago and had it stall on me more than several times on only its second tank of gas. And also, when I go to start it, the pulley rope would get caught and jerk the machine up towards me. I had to put the machine on the ground and put my weight on it and then pull the rope. My friend has an Echo PB200 that would easily allow me to start the blower with it at my waist w/out any problems. Now, after today when I try to start the Stihl I cant even get full extension on the rope w/out it getting caught!!

Anyone one experience similar problems with their HH blower. I really wanted to purchase another Stihl product, (the Stihl KM 110 R multi tool) but I am now hesitate to do so. Any way, I will take it back to the dealer.

2. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Take it back to your dealer and explain the problems. They will fix it. I have not had any problems with my BG85's. I don't run the 55.

3. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I agree ... just take it back to your dealer. They will fix it I am sure. I have had no problems with my BR600, or any other STIHL product for that matter.

As for the starting on the ground ... I had never really thought about it ... but I always start my trimmers, edger, and blower on the ground for the first time of the day. After that it's just a pull and go!