Problems with deer!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by evergreenlandscaping, Jan 4, 2004.

1. evergreenlandscaping

evergreenlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from raleigh

I have a plant holding area that the deer are eating up. I have thought about an electric fence.

Does anyone have a suggestion for repelling deer.

They are also eating my plants at home also!

2. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

My neighbors have an electric fence( just a single strand) with these things that attract the deer and when they stick there noses in they get shocked. They say it works great and the have several thousand dollars worth of roses.

PS they have tried every other product and gimice and none worked so save urself the frustration and money and do it right the first time.

3. evergreenlandscaping

evergreenlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from raleigh

What is it that attract them to the wire?

4. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

12' fence.

Even an electric fence will be figured out soon enough. R. they can jump!

Otherwise, they were there first. Enjoy them while you feed them.
    :p

5. Kevin M.

Kevin M. LawnSite Member

If there is a Lesco near your place of business they sell a very good product for Deer Repellant but it smells very bad and you will have to apply it every 7 to 10 days.

6. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

Its basicly like a metal cup thats tied into the fence and it has cotton in it that is soaked in attractent...deer sticks nose in to sniff and zap

They have had for a few years and the deer stay away...the figured everything else out but not this

7. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

The fence doesnt have to be high just a single strand at waist level or there always is
    :gunsfirin

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

30/06 1 shot between the eyes. Works every time. And then take a bite out of his azz, Fill yor belly and protect your plants all at the same time. lol

Mac

9. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

10. GreginAlaska

GreginAlaska Banned