problems with dixie chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mlyons1, May 31, 2008.

1. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

hey guys whats up? wondering if any of you with or have had a dixie chopper had problems with it i bought this unit in 05 paid around 11.000 dollars for it and been nothing but a problem called dixie chopper main office and told about all the problems and they just brushed me off very disappointed in dixie chopper thought they would stand behind their product but i guess i was wrong just wondering what advice you could give me. thanks in advance
  2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

What kind of problems?
  3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

yeah we have a dixie as a back up and it has a problem with the charge wire blowing fuses killing the battery and thus killing the machine
  4. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Hard wire that SOB and when it catches fire just get us some pics.
  5. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

That means your stator under the flywheel is shorted. Possibly need a new flywheel also. Magnets come unglued and stick to stator and short it out. Seen it happen on the dixies more than most for some reason.
  6. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Sell that pos and buy a scag!!!
  7. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

i just tried to e-mail dixie chopper and it would not go through very disappointing i wonder if they know how alot of you all feel about their mowers i have seen on this site alot more not liking them than the other way?
  8. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Again... what kind of problems are you having? What's the matter with your dealer?

I love my Choppers.. any problems that I have had they have stood behind.
  9. 2manymowers

2manymowers LawnSite Member

Dixie Chopper has a website called **********.com If you register as a member on that site you can contact DC Service. He seems very heplful in resolving service issues with DC mowers.

Edited to add: Well it looks like this forum censors out the name of DC's forum. But you can go to Dixie's website and click on the link to get there.
  10. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

mylons1, without specific information - i.e. model, and problem symptoms for starters - this is just another "My brother's sister's uncle's cousin's nephew's girlfriend's father had one and they were garbage" post.

If you are indeed having an issue, this could be why you can't get any resolution from DC. Same applies to any make; they can't help you if you don't tell them what's wrong.