1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Problems with dog tearing up grass

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Kobrakai081, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Install synthetic turf over the run. It will look great, last 15 to 20 years, need no water, no mudd and solve your problems. Cost some $$ but you would only need to do the perimiter - about $6 a sq ft. This is a very valid option/solution and people are doing it all the time.
  2. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

i second that motion!

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

just get rid of the dog lol
  4. Captain Brendan

Captain Brendan LawnSite Member

I have had the same problem in the past. I Tied a bunch of string like a spider web between the fence and tree's ect. Where the dog would run back and forth with the neighbors dog. He ran into it a couple of times at first then stopped. I have now removed alittle bit of the string at a time and seems to be working. Good luck
  5. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, that synthetic turf sounds like a great idea, just make sure it matches the rest of your grass :laugh:

Sounds like a great idea though!
  6. GCL-1

GCL-1 LawnSite Member

I have that problem at my house, im in the process of figuring that out now so that I can do something this spring. I have three dogs, Black Lab, Visla, Boston Terrier honestly, the heavy rain we keep getting here, isn't helping much at all either.

When I aerated andover seeded this fall, we had four days straight of heavy rains and the "Georgia Flooding", So, needless to say my neighbor behind me will benefit from my work and seed!

Going to try and do something this spring.

It been a pain.