Lawn Care Forum banner

problems with echo trimmers. next move redmax or Sthil?

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  lawnkingforever 
#1 ·
Like to hear from any one who has used redmax and Sthil trimmers . I know all the specs on them. Just wondering do they last at least a year before running into small issues. And ease of starting ? My echo 280ts are junk. I'm ready to set them on fire

#2 ·
I'm going into my 3rd season on a fs100rx a great daily use trimmer. I have yet to do anything other than add fuel and air filter. Don't buy into all the hype of valve adjustments. I have very little run time on redmax but they do make a nice lightweight machine, I'm just not sure how well they stand up to daily use.

#4 ·
I'm going into my 3rd season on a fs100rx a great daily use trimmer. I have yet to do anything other than add fuel and air filter. Don't buy into all the hype of valve adjustments. I have very little run time on redmax but they do make a nice lightweight machine, I'm just not sure how well they stand up to daily use.
Good machine I just think the cutting head was a little annoying :waving:

#6 ·
Echo all they way. And no problems with anything.

#7 ·
Just looking at doing fleet but I don't think Sthil offers that option. Just ran into a lot if problems with our echos . Just don't seem reliable. The place I bought them at sells shindaiwa . I have a pair of hedge trimmers and they work very good. I'm just torn between which way to go. Was thinking if I did redmax fleet I could also get the big blowers they have out.

#8 ·
Got rid of all of my Echo handhelds...switched totally to Redmax. I Bought my first Redmax trimmer 6 years ago and it still starts on th 2nd pull everytime. JMO Echo's quality has gone down in the last few years, the older Echo equipment seems to be out lasting the more recently made equipment......JMO

#9 ·
Im starting to agree. Im a dye hard echo fan and it seems like all my old srm210 trimmers and all my old stuff that is grey in color is still running great and wont die. The newer stuff ive bought that is orage in color and more plastic just seems harder and harder to start. Im in the same position of staying loyal to Echo or making the switch to sthil.

#10 ·
I have 14 stihl hand helds working without a problem and always starting on 1st or 2nd pull. I have a garbage can with 2 echo trimmers and 1 echo blower. The echos were fine when I (owner) was operating them. I am in office more and they just won't hold up to the abuse my morons, I mean employees, dish out to the equipment. Nothing stands up to my moron's, I mean employees, abuse except Stihls. If you treat them decent I expect they are all reasonable good. I have the echo PT-770 blower. It cost me $97 dollars for tune-up and repair after 1st year. They did replace the harness under warrantee.
I think this kind of gives you an idea.

#12 ·
All redmax here.blowers, trimmers, edgers, hedge trimmers. Everything you by will have a problem here and there. It's mechanical and used in harsh conditions. I like redmax because they are still two strokes. I even have their backpack sprayers!
Posted via Mobile Device

#13 ·
Im starting to agree. Im a dye hard echo fan and it seems like all my old srm210 trimmers and all my old stuff that is grey in color is still running great and wont die. The newer stuff ive bought that is orage in color and more plastic just seems harder and harder to start. Im in the same position of staying loyal to Echo or making the switch to sthil.
Spot on. Echo stick edger after 2 years of use is junk. Very true about the starting problems. My old srm 210 has outlasted an edger that was 2 years old. I am switching to husky, there stuff seems to start the easiest. I am no longer loyal to any brand, it is all disposal crap now.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.