Problems with H2B

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by absolutelawnman, Apr 27, 2006.

1. absolutelawnman

absolutelawnman LawnSite Member

I apologize for not searching for previous threads, however I am interested in knowing how many companies have had problems with getting their H2B employees from Mexico.

I have several friends in the industry that have received their employees and have filed the paperwork around the same time as me, and I have some that have filed their paperwork long after I had and are getting the same exact information I am.

I understand that the visa limit has been met, but I was assured by the company I had hired (and that advertises on this site) that I had made the deadline, however the Mexican Consulate is backed up. Which I can understand, however I was told to expect them by March 15, and then I was told by April 3, then I was informed around April 15 and now I am being told we are just going to have to wait and see.

The problem we are two months into our busy season and I have had to hire unexpected indidviduals, fill the house I had vacant, and not to know what I am going to do for the remainder of the season.

Now, it may seem a fluke, however one of my best buddies has run into the same problems as me with the company I had referred to them (off this site), while our other friends have received their employees.

Anyone else with the visas, or companies they have used.