Problems with John Deere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Freetime, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Freetime

Freetime LawnSite Member

Thought this might be of interest, on the clip forum a large lawn care company has purchased $500’000 worth of equipment from John Deere over the last 2 years and is having big problems getting JD to back up warranty on the equipment. Maybe good info for someone who is thinking about buying green and yellow machines.
    :eek:

Edited by Eric ELM

2. Shane Nelson

Shane Nelson LawnSite Member

I have bought over $20,000 of john deere equipment in the past two years and jd has back me up 100% and then some.Great equipment by the way. I think it has a lot to do with the dealer ship though.My dealer is exelent.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I just experienced a warrenty problem with JD today. I have used JD 21" top-of-the-line mowers for 10 years. The last one was a jx85 that I purchased last summer. The trans. cratered last Friday. just 31 days after the warrenty expired. At first JD would not even consider helping out on some of the 300.00 repair bill. My dealer went to bat for me and leaned pretty hard on the local JD rep. Today JD finally decided to cover all of the cost. I have been a loyal JD customer for many years, and I was pretty ticked that they didn't want to help me out on this. The trans. in a 1000.00 mower ought to last longer than 13 months.especially since this mower is only used for a few trim jobs each week. The blade clutch cratered at 11 months also. I'm beginning to lose faith in JD equipment.:angry: