Problems with Lesco Products this year?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by naturescaretaker, Apr 6, 2005.

1. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else having "issues" with Lesco products this year? Maybe not working as effective as they have in the past.

The Pre-M that I put down earlier this year seems to have failed to do much. I have been using it in yards for years now and for some reason this year it didn't seem to be nearly as effective. Anyone else experience this?

Same goes for 3-Way too. I sprayed three yards and I don't seem to be getting results. I am thinking I might have gotten a bad batch or something. It has always worked well for me over the last few years.... hum.

2. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

No offense but is y our equipment calibrated correctly? It's possible for us to get into auto pilot and just sort of cruise along, without checking that.

3. naturescaretaker

Yes, I check it every other stop.

4. Sir Sel

Sir Sel LawnSite Member

No doubts about coastal's competence. Surely he's been sucessful and his sig says it all. Hopefully Lesco's products will work as this is the first year trying their products. I put down their stonewall pre-m a few weeks ago and was on my way to purchase some 3-way today. Any one else's experience?

5. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I assume you mean the 3-way is not what you expected, unless its to cool when your spraying , I don't know thats strange.... ;)

6. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

What do you mean, are you having crabgrass breakthrough already?

7. naturescaretaker

Clover & Dandelions....

8. naturescaretaker

I had a long conversation with Lesco. Seems that I was not the only one having issues with the Pre-M. Seems while it was being delivered it got to hot in storage and chemically started to break down. The 3-Way was also on the same truck. It seems there is a ventilation system in the trailers that make the delivers and the driver did not open his. They have given me new product to replace what I used and hopefully I can get a handle on this before it gets out of hand.

9. Sir Sel

Sir Sel LawnSite Member

No I said I was going to purchase it today hoping that the 3-way in my area is effective, unlike what coastal was experiencing. The local Lesco only had it in 2.5 gal containers. Too much for my purposes.

10. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to hear that you figured out what the problem was ... I'll be watching for similar problems.