Problems with my 553

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by MP350, Apr 9, 2005.

1. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

Unloaded it off the trailer yesterday and it would only lift about half of what it should. Just went out changed the hydraulic filter and checked fluid level, can't find any leaks. It doesn't make any strange noises, what should I look for? Thanks
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

There are several things that come to mind and all involve getting it to the dealer. Does it run out at the same speed it always did and only has problems lifting? If that is the case I would look for a malfunctioning lift valve. It may be going over relief when trying to lift. If you have lost speed and all other loader functions are not operating correctly you may have pump problem. A flow check at the aux. hydraulics may tell you. Unless you are very familiar mechanically with these machines, troubleshooting them is difficult. Working on them is even more difficult.
  3. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I had scheduled to go to the dealer next week to change the drive oil, so one more thing for him to do. But the machine has not lost any speed so hopefully it is something simple.