problems with my fastrack

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by bmann, Jun 29, 2006.

1. bmann

bmann LawnSite Member

After changing oil on my 20 52 I gave it a good look over. I found a couple of things that concerned me. The major thing is that the breather tube(i think that is what it is ) on the left izt pump was laying on top of the pump. No metal clip on it so I am not really sure if it was ever on or not. My concern is that 1.what if the pump got trash and grass clippings in it. will this cause my pump to go out quicker and 2 I was under the impression the fastrack had a filter in the pumps. Where is it located . I removed the plastic coupling that screws into the pump and holds the rubber tube and checked the fluid. I could see it in there but not sure if it was full. I saw no sign of a filter. I have not had time to check with my dealer about this yet. But i will this morning. Just wondering what i should do. I love my newmower but I wont it to last. Thanks for any help or advice. Brett

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

As to the tube, have your dealer re install it and change the fluid and filter, you will likely be fine.
    The filter is a internal filter and you can clean it and or replace it.
    There is a guage in your owners manual kit and it is used to check the fluid.
    I have attached a pic of the drain and filter.
    [​IMG]

3. bmann

bmann LawnSite Member

I have already put the tube back on. Will the dealer replace the filter and fluid or is this something i should do?

4. cranesrule

cranesrule LawnSite Member

Brett,
    My fastrak had the same problem. I ran mine for 2hrs without the tube on. The dealer said the fluid was clean when he changed it, so hopefully you are ok. I also had them replace the spring clamp that held the tube on and replace it with an automotive type screw clamp. This should be much more secure.

PJ,
    I did not get the gauge with my manual, but I would definitely like one for when I do my fluid changes. How can I get one of these?

5. bmann

bmann LawnSite Member

I have went through everything I received when i bought my mower and I cannot find any gauge. Where can I get one? Thanks Brett

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

In this situation the dealer should do it at no charge under warranty.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you didn't get the guage, talk to your dealer, he should have some extras laying around.
    If you cant get one from him, e-mail me.

Pj