Problems with new mini Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by grassmannj, Apr 22, 2007.

1. grassmannj

grassmannj LawnSite Member

7.5 hours and already I'm having problems, What did i get myself into. After mowing 3 lawns today, my mower would not start just click. so after a couple hours I tried again it started but I could not get of it or it would cut off. What could this be?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Thats wierd....
    Sounds like a switch sticking or something electrical.
    Have you talked to your dealer?
    Give them a call and let them know whats going on.
    If you need more assistance, e-mail me.

Pj

3. estrov

estrov LawnSite Member

Welcome to Hustler. These problems are well documented. You will have relays replaced, ground wires grounded and maybe larger gauge wire installed. Problem will be mitigated somewhat, but will most likely not go away.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Whats well documented?
    There are no "well documented" problems with this mower, if there is I haven't heard them.
    I am not sure what is going on in this case, but I am sure it is simple and it will be taken care of.
    If your having problems with a mower you bought used, let me know and we can help your dealer to get it right.
    There were some relay issues, that has been taken care of also, the new relays we are using took care of the problem.

Pj

5. estrov

estrov LawnSite Member

Last year there were numerous threads on this subject. I fell victim to the same issue and to this day (after replacing the relays) still see the problem occasionally.

I use the unit for my home and am out of warranty. The local dealer is shaky at best so I have been troubleshooting the problems myself. I did buy the unit used from an excellent dealer in Delaware, but they are just to far to travel to get service (2 hours).

Last year's threads discussed new relays and a jumper wire to fix the problems along with bonding (ground) fixes.

6. ed2150

ed2150 LawnSite Member

I've had a mini-Z for 2 1/2 years and 350 hours with absolutely no electrical problems.........

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

And none of those threads have anything to do with a Mini Z 36 or 42, this series of mower is new (within a year).
    You need to get your unit to a dealer that can take care of it for you, between the relays and wiring, your problem can be taken care of.

Pj