Problems with new toro 21"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by evergreenedmond, May 25, 2007.

1. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

I bought 6 commercial toro 21" mowers with the honda motors this february and have yet to have one last an entire week without leaking gas from the carb. I am getting no support from my local authorized dealers. All of the mowers I bought in the past 2 years still run fine & I am wondering if any one else is having these.

2. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

interesting. you bought them from a toro dealer and they wont help you out? are they under warrenty still? is it possible to contact toro, or honda? ive got a honda commercial thats 1 year old with out a single problem. sorry to hear about your luck. wish i could help out.

3. evergreenedmond

I called toro earlier & they said they need me to take all the mowers back to an authorized dealer so they can request a rep to come out to take a look at them. I did however take one to another mechanic & he looked at the carb & said the needle is to small & is getting stuck & causing the leak, he said it looks like they are now putting cheaper carbs on the mowers & it is a problem I need to get use to or put new carbs on them.

4. taxesblow

taxesblow LawnSite Member

It's crazy for the dealer to do you that way. They should be taking care of you and getting paid by Toro/Honda to fix the problem.

Do you have another Toro dealer in the area that might want to earn your future business? Any Toro commercial dealer could do warranty work for you regardless of where they were purchased.

5. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

Remind me not to buy a small Honda engine anytime soon.

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

had an issue with a honda engine earlyer this year.....

I think there now making cheaper engines..... just my 2 cents worth

7. evergreenedmond

I talked with another guy in my area that bought 2 mowers exactly like mine this month & he is having the same problems with his. Plus his dealer tried to charge him for the repairs. I miss the 2 stroke suzukis, but hey at least our air is cleaner.