1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

PROBLEMS with perm-a-green sprayer pattern

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Mar 23, 2003.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i tryed everything,cleaning tips,changing them,arc,pitch ect...
    and still having making pattern even.....

check out the pic...very wide to the right. i cant make the left the same.
    i even checked the flow...they are both the same..

2. Rob T

Rob T LawnSite Member

How is the hose routed on that? If it comes down from the pump and goes to a Tee (which is nearer to the one side) you may have a difference in pressure at the nozzles. Nozzle closest to the Tee getting more pressure/flow.

Just a thought that popped into my head while reading. I don't have a PG spreader.
  3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

good point rob.
  4. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry I don't have an answer to your problem as I don't have Permagreen experience. I just wanted to say hi. Good luck with the problem solving.

5. From the pic, it looks like your spray tips are showing signs of wear.

Replace them.

Puddles to the right of pic, but not even spray.
  6. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Ant, make sure EVERYTHING is super clean. Flush the lines, clean the screens, clean the little turbo air gizmos, nozzle hole and outside nozzle smile.

I was messing with mine on Monday morning and had to change some stuff around. Make sure that the turbo air gizmos are the appropriate size for the size of the nozzle. You'll have to call PermaGreen on that becasue I don't know what for what. I know mine wasn't quite right becasue we had messed around experimenting last fall. Nozzles and turbos not matched can create a mess as compared to a spray.
  7. masterpiece1

masterpiece1 LawnSite Member

I had to get a new pump late last year. Are the rubber gaskets sealing properly? Just a thought.
  8. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

After looking again the heavy in the middle part could be a result of having the nozzles turned too towards the middle. Back off towards the tires a little. Let us know how your making out.