Problems with Pioneer XM

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by accuratelawn, Mar 7, 2007.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Who uses an Inno portable XM radio and has problem listening to live signal while working?

I a little pissed that I spent $$ on a radio to listen while working, but can't. Signal cuts in and out.

Pioneer has no good answer for me.

Yes I know I can record to listen later.
  2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I almost bought one, Circuit City $199. Maybe not now. Where is it while in use?
  3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

The inno is a portable xm radio. It's a little bigger than an ipod. It's great at home on the charging base, but as a portable it is no good. If you are in a large city the repeaters will boost signal, but if i'm outside and walk under a tree or behind a house, the signal is interupted.
    You can record songs or stations for play back later, but that's a pain sometimes.
  4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I love listening to my Sirius radio while I work. I dont get hardly any drop outs. What sort of antenna do you have with that inno? Sirius's live portable comes with a headset with a built in antenna on the top of the headset.

I myself have a different set up. I wear Elvex hearing protectors with a built in FM radio. I mounted a portable unit to the mower then hardwired the power and placed the car antenna on the back in clear view of the sky. I simply tune my hearing protectors to 88.1 to listen to my Sirius radio. The tuner broadcasts the signal with a built in FM repeater.