Problems with Prosecutor??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Heidi J., Jul 12, 2009.

1. Heidi J.

Heidi J. LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone use Prosecutor (Lesco Round-up)? Went and did a few valve sites a month ago, and had to re-do alot of areas. The areas were where we used Kabota and Mules and also hand canned. So, it wasn't an agitation issue or the new boom. Basically it came down to the product.. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Heidi J.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Heidi,
    Lesco(JDL) doesn't make it. They buy it private label--probably from Nu-farm. But it will not work if not mixed and calibrated correctly. Look at the registration number. Lesco's number is 10404, as a private label seller. I think Nu Farm uses the number 228 as a manufacturer. Or maybe that is the old Riverdale number.

3. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, I've only ever had good results. I use it in a hand sprayer all the time. I have done two large area renovations in the last year where it was run through a boom two passes each time, two times, two weeks apart. Hand sprayed some surviving nimblewill a few days after second application but germination of new weeds was the larger problem and it became time to get on with planting.

4. Heidi J.

Thanks.. it was mixed according to label.. We bought it last year because RU sky rocketed. I will take a look when I get in tomorrow.

5. Heidi J.

That's the thing.. we were killin' mostly grass. Went back and it was thriving:hammerhead: I wonder if the product was old.. :confused:

I will say my new guy mixed a little heavy on the blue dye.. we will now refer to him as the smurf:laugh:

Thanks alot.. I guess I will have to look into it some more.

6. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Were your tanks clean? ANY dirt will "nutralize" Prosecutor or RU including dirty water.

7. Heidi J.

Yep.. Been doing this along time (30 years), never had a problem like this. At first we thought it was the new boom, but then we noticed areas that were hand canned, so the only thing we could come up with is the product.:confused: This is the first time we have ever used Prosecutor and not RU..

8. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

Wish I had something that helped you but I don't. I enjoy your posts. It does sound like a problem isolated to that container of that product. Is there any left you could do a side by side test with against RU? I'm sure figuring it out will make you feel a little better.

9. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

could any one taken some product and diluted the container. i had an employee who was trusted with the chemical key and was stealing product and topping off w/water.
    after his departure i would always tell guys i would rather give you some free chem for personal use than have them steal and wreck good product and mess up production work. couldn't understand how the product went bad so fast after opening. i have had gly products at home for years and still worked

10. Heidi J.

Yeah.. I guess that is the best thing to do. Needless to say.. we have alot of it! So I want to isolate the problem.. now! :dizzy:

Thanks!:waving: