Problems with Red Max 2 stroke Oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmkr02, May 8, 2007.

1. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone had problems with using redmax oil? I have used opti for the last 10 years and tried this redmax oil because a local didn't have opti in 2.5 gallon mix pouches. So they sold me red max and within a week I lost a trimmer. I thought it was old so thought nothing of it. The next week my redmax backpack dies. I think it's the oil. The equipment dieing is in the amount of use it getting. I fear my other equip is going to start to crap out. Anyone herd of any problems? When I tore down the wacker It seemed dry to what it usually is when Tear it down and inspect it. I took it to the dealer that sold me this crap, but I don't know what is going to happen.

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I use Opti2 in ALL of my 2-stroke equipment - for many, many years now. Its hard to believe that you "decided" to switch to anything other than the best. Just because they didn't have what you always use................:nono: :nono: :nono:

3. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

jmkr02 - Can I ask why you decided to post this same thread in 6 different forums? I realize you are trying to warn of a potential problem but you're also wasting people's time.

4. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

Just looking to see if anyone else has had the same problem I remember reading something awhile ago but can not find anything. I know people have issues with oil, but we have left little room for error and it just sucks. I know if I thought I saw something I should have not bought the oil, but the place that has the redmax stuff next door and the place with the opti is 12 miles through consturction and heavy traffic so I bought it without thinking anything of it.

5. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

I understand your issue....but I still don't understand why you posted it in 6 different forums....this will be a huge waste of time to go to each forum to see replys all on the same topic.....