problems with the cluctch on super z with the xr7 deck

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by electronics2667, Jul 9, 2009.

1. electronics2667

electronics2667 LawnSite Member

Has anyone had this problem, when i turn on the switch to turn the blades the wire that goes from the red button to the clutch itself comes out evertime. My dealer has replaced wire about 6 times. We have ziptide it out of the way & it still comes out. W even made a custom wire same things happens again. Husler's tech is saying that i am running over something to pull the wire out. How can i run over something when i am cutting nothing but grass.It only has about 275 hrs on it,plus this the same yards that i am cutting since i bought it 3 years ago. i live about 30 miles from the dealer,i am spending alot of money take it back ever week. This the first time that i had this much problem. I told my dealer today that i was planning on in larging my business next year, but if they can't fix this mowng. I would have to go & buy me a Grasshopper. You should have seen his eyes.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you can e-mail me your information and your dealers information I can have someone help you.

Pj

3. electronics2667

what kind of info. do you need

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I need your contact information, phone #'s also.
    Your dealer information also.
    Your model and serial # also please.

Pj

5. electronics2667

Dealer's Info.

Brannon's Small Engine Repair
    2921 Highway 252
    Lake City, Fl.
    386-963-4491

Sorry i don't have the model & serial #'s. My dealer still have my mower trying to fix it.

Leroy @ L&D Lawn & Landscape Service

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
  6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Ok, I have all your information and I will have our regional service manager talk to your dealer.
    I deleted your personal information and phone #'s so they wouldn't be here on the forum.

Pj

7. electronics2667

Mr. PJ, i got my mower back today my dealer told me that it would be ready today, they have had it since last Wed. They re-place the clutch it took them allllllllllllll day to do it. I have lost some great paying customers cause they took so long. I hope this fixes the problem,if not Hustler & myself will have to have a talk & make decision what to do next, either refund my money or bring me a new mower.

8. electronics2667

I am going to try it out today hope the dealer got it fixed right this time.

9. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

Where is your back-up machine???? Your Dealer's Demo/loaner???? WTF If you are a commercial cutter you can't be without a machine... Hell I was Down to one for a day and ran to the dealer to get a demo, it's been non stop here 6-7 days a week... I'm finally caught up and want to stay that way.

10. electronics2667

was running my back-up plus my dealers loaner also. was still behind but caught up now finnally.