Problems with the new Quick

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MulchMan88, May 26, 2008.

1. MulchMan88

MulchMan88 LawnSite Member

the first day i took it out after i got it, it was acting funny. it did perfectly fine on the first job, then on the second it started to choke/bog out. its like i wasnt holding down the left lever really hard. when i got to the 3rd place it was really bad, and the motor would pop every 3 seconds or so. it got to the point where it actually cut off. i finally called BOP on the job, and they told me to tighten the cable on the lever because it sounded like there was a lot of play in the cable, like the mower was still on choke or something. so i did that, and went to the last place and it did a tad better, still would pop every now and then. well today i cut my own lawn and it choked out again, all the time. something isnt right. anyone have any problems with this?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Call gary.He has a great team to help with problems like this.

3. GFTC

GFTC LawnSite Member

tighten it more. I had the same prob. tighening the cable fixed it.

4. MulchMan88

MulchMan88 LawnSite Member

its as tight as it will go, thats the thing. i cant figure it out. im gonna give them a call tomorrow.

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

yep call Gary at BOP.

6. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like choke is partially on and the cable housing slipped.

7. tip184

tip184 LawnSite Member

Which engine do you have? The 15 hp Kawasaki on my 44 has the choke control incorporated in the throttle lever (all the way forward is choke, pull back a bit for full throttle with no choke). There is no noticeable notch, stop, or detent to indicate the full-throttle/no-choke position, so I have to be careful not to engage the choke after starting. If you have the same engine check to be sure that you're not choking it.

8. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure there is no motor oil in the air filter. Thast can happen during shipping on gas engines if they tip or something. When I got my little wonder edger the air filter was so full of oil the thing wouldn't stay running or rev up.