1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lawnut101, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

This is for all you guys that finance mowers. How did you go about doing it the first time? I'm having loads of trouble. Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

I might be able to help but I couldn't pm you.
  3. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

Perhaps if you take the time to let us know what the trouble is that you are having, you might get someone to give you a suggestion.....maybe.
  4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

If you have good credit and are buying from a dealer, the dealer should be able to get you financed.
  5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

it was really simple, went in, applied, got approved, left with a mower, what is so difficult?
  6. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry, I forgot to put the reason. Basically because I am 18, I don't have much credit. I qualify for 16% financing! And I'm not gonna pay for that! :hammerhead: The stupid bank won't give me a loan for whatever reason. I'm only trying to borrow $3k. I mean, I could make more than that working at McDonalds for crying out loud! So that's my problem......
  7. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

You have to build your credit first. Apply for a cedit card and make your payments on time....even better pay it in full every once in a while!

Borrow from someone like Toney Soprano. The rate may or may not be better but the late fees will kill ya for sure! :cool2:
  8. pdenney11

pdenney11 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Yard Card Credit Card, they offer different plans for lawn care equipment. Right now they are offering no interest till 2010. Just see if you can get approved, it lets you know instantly. Just pay it on time or they will hit you with a ridiculous late fee.
  9. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

if your only barowing $3,000 for a mower you should be able to pay that off quick, eat the 16% and build some credit. pay it off quick, you'll have built credit and not spend a fortune on interest