1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ProCertified Exmark Dealers

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by brucec32, Jun 30, 2003.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I would appreciate a clarification on this. I was reading your website and clicked on the link to the requirements for an Exmark dealer to acheive ProCertified Dealer status. Here is the link below: "how does a dealer acheive ProCertified status?

I noticed that item 1 includes the following requirement....

" Delivers consistent 24-hour service turn-around on equipment repairs. "

Is this a requirement or not? I noted that my dealer is listed as a ProCertified Dealer but made no bones about telling me from the start it would be 5-7 days before they even looked at my new Lazer Z's problems. I finally got my mower back today after 17 days in the shop (and it still isn't working). Is this program for real or should I consider it just marketing hype?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

I talked to the dealer and the service manager stated that he would be more than happy to look at the machine himself. You may want to talk to Jeff directly.

Actually the guys at the dealership received top scores for service. That's how they qualified for ProCertified so I wouldn't give up on them just yet. What ever the reason they’ve been less than satisfactory I’m confident they can correct the situation.

ProCertified is a little different than most programs. You see we set a few basic standards to be considered for ProCertified. The customers then determine if the dealer actually qualifies. The "secret" shopper idea you had on the other thread was great except instead of that we sent a survey to each customer that purchased a unit from the dealership in 2002. The survey was basically trying to determine if the dealer was meeting, exceeding or falling short of the customer’s expectations. Based on those scores they qualified for ProCertified.

This is possibly the first time in our industry that dealers have been judged not on their sales volume but rather how they treat their customers. It's actually a pretty cool program..........that is until you must tell one of the largest volume dealers in the country they did not qualify. Then it's not nearly as much fun. On the upside most of the dealers that did not qualify are working hard to raise their customers level of satisfaction. It's like I said on the other post. No dealer in his right mind wants to alienate his customers. Generally if he is not satisfying the customer he doesn't even know it. That's why something like Lawnsite/e-mail and the telephone work great. It gets you in contact with me so that we can figure out what Exmark, the dealer and the distributor need to do to correct a problem.

Like I said, give Jeff a call. He's very interested in figuring out what we need to do.