Prodiamine 4L users, Staining?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ArTurf, Mar 17, 2013.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Got a suprise this morining when I opened up my 1st container of this, it was yellow like pendi. The reason I got this product was to use in parking lot cracks and similiar areas thinking it would not stain. My question to those of you who have used this product will it stain concrete and other areas?

2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i use my jr to spray it out and i havent had any problems on my driveway or other places with it staining..

3. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

The version you are using is yellow, right?

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

No problems with staining out of the finished solution. It is yellow but no where near what pendi is like. Any residual color goes away after the first rain. It is not noticeable to the customer. At Least I have never gotten a complaint about it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I've used the wg version and see no staining at spraying low volume out of my z spray. I did use the hand wand spraying a stream for the cracks in my drive. It yellowed. Some but not too noticeable and wore off after a fewdays and some rain.

The wg is a yellow granular. I have never used the 4L but have thought a out if it would spray better at low volume with less clogging.

6. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

Sounds like nothing to worry about. Thanks for the input all.

7. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

Pendulum stains way worse than Prodiamine. Make sure to keep it mixed well.. it settles out easier too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Ar,
    Prodiamine does not stain like you think it will. The water will have a yellow hue to it after blending but I get it onto sidewalks, drives,etc. No problems!!!!!
    Prodiamine is yellow.....granular or liquid!
    I quit using pendimethalin because of its lack of sustaining power. I completely agree with other post.......this stuff will settle out quickly so keep paddle agitation or high jet return flow. When you are done........just like simazine, clean out the tank and screens.

9. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

Do you use the granualar or liquid?

10. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

I've used both.. like the liquid better bc it mixes easier, but either one in my opinion work great..
    Posted via Mobile Device